Thank you for your interest in the Dallas Area Council of the Blind Scholarship program.
- Completed applications must be received no later than June 1 of any given year.
- At this time, we can annually award one scholarship to full-time and part-time students. Scholarships of $1,000.00 each for full-time students or $500 each for part-time students.
- Scholarship recipients will be eligible to reapply for a total of two years. Applicants must remain in school and maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- Applications submitted in electronic form are preferred for review by blind committee members.
- Applicants are expected to come from the Dallas metro area.
- Awards are given at the July meeting on the third Saturday of that month during the meeting.
Here are the things you should have ready before submitting your application:
- Autobiographical sketch : No more than 250 words containing information about you. Tell us about your personal goals, strengths, weaknesses, hobbies, honors, achievements, etc. Be sure to list the field or course of study you are pursuing and explain why it was chosen.
- Certification of legal blindness from an ophthalmologist, optometrist, physician, or agency representative serving the blind.
- Certified transcripts from the school you are currently attending. Entering freshmen, please include high school transcripts. A cumulative 3.0 GPA is required.
- A recommendation letter from a current or recent instructor.
- Proof of acceptance from a post-secondary school. Entering and transferring students must submit a notice or letter from the admissions office certifying acceptance or consideration for admission. Students continuing at the same school will not need to submit this document a second time.
- Expected date of graduation
We cordially invite all applicants and scholarship winners to attend our monthly meetings. The meetings are held on the 3rd Saturday of each month. Further information about our meetings can be obtained by visiting our home page or contacting us using the provided forms.
Your completed application must be submitted no later than June 1. Applicants are responsible for accuracy and completeness of applications.
If you must send documents in paper form, plese use this address:
Dallas Area Council of the Blind
Attention Scholarship Committee
5931 Greenville Ave., #428
Dallas TX 75206
If you have any questions, please use the contact form on this site.
Dallas Area Council of the Blind, Scholarship Committee
Note to screen reader users: It is strongly suggested that you read through this form before filling it out so that you will not miss helpful information that will be skipped over as you tab through the form fields.